17 November 2000

TGIF!!! I broke my usual lunch routine to the gym today. Phew!!! I'm giving myself an unofficial break...will pop by the gym after work instead. Somehow, I feel like having a food-court feast today...ordered chinese rice with lotsa stuff on it, sweet potato soup, teh-xi, 2 bananas & 1 papaya. I suspect it was y'day's 3 showers in a day that instictively make me want to stay in today. The storms were too much for me. I got showered the moment I came out of my shower after my workout. I had done some weights ex & hopped onto the stepper machine for some cardio. Juz as I dried slowly & almost painfully, by the office air-con did I get wet again from the pour after work. But I HAD to go, I was meeting Stephanie for dinner. We had a great time catching up...not restraining myself telling her any deepest matter in my mind even if it means only half an hour before Bible Study. I shared with her about my dilemma regarding my windsurfing stuff. As usual. In return, she saturated me with words of faith, hope and love. Better than the human sympathetic ear a thousand times. Somehow, God's spirit and words in the right season changes u...enlarges your vision and deepens your tenacity. It roots me in my vision, my calling and my destiny! The service was excellent, as is every other service. The worship brought tears to my eyes and strength to my heart. The song "Power of Your Love" gave a revelation that it is the LOVE of God = Power. The Power that enables me to soar with Him, into higher heights, bluer skies and greener pastures. Knowing HOW MUCH GOD LOVES ME is the empowerment to greater miracles and everything else. BANG!!! Pastor Prince continued with more Bang! He continued expounding on the Grace message and reminding us of the miracle wonders that happened last Thurs when the chijmes sang by themselves. Angels were with us literally. I strongly believed that one of them tripped over the musical instruments. aha! Tomorrow's my close 'sister's wedding at City Harvest Church. I've been grappling with the issue of marriage and babies. I've increasingly more friends who are getting and are married, some with kids, at 24 yrs old. *gasp* I love the idea of having a kid to chase around the house, a reason for me to start buying toys and playing with them, with my child of coz. The endowment of the most noble title "Domestic Engineer" would be sweet...I would wake up every morning to my child's 'adorable' cries for milk, later preparing breakfast for my dear hubby, see him off to work with my baby in my arms. Cook make-believe 'Tubby-Toast' with my child, cycle around the house and even make funny shapes with Play-doh. We can head down to the baby pool and frolick with the baby floats and rubber duckies. But! I've unfinished business at the moment...while all my friends are chasing the C dream and vying to be the No. 1 Rat, i'm still pursuing my lofty Olympic dream. Many of my friends who began with me in windsurfing have all dropped off and gone on to what they THINK as pragmatic and 'mature' aspirations. It seems to me that the Government has decided on our fates: 7 yrs old-- Primary 1; 13 yrs old--Sec 1 16 yrs old-- O levels; 18 yrs old--A levels 19 yrs old--University or National Service after which one works 5-6 days a week till he is 60 yrs old. It's time to withdraw that CPF. There's nothing new under the sun or anything unique to gaze upon. And when one deviates from this cycle of life, one rebels against the norms and people ask you 'how', 'why' and 'after that?' I often wondered about this phrase we see all too often on Quotable Quotes "What would you do if you knew if you could not fail?" We'd rather avoid answering that. What is most scary is not about not being able to fulfil one's dreams, but the lack of a dream. Hence, it is easiest to follow a set pattern as it is a 'PROVEN' path...trodden on and well cemented. The road less travelled would be avoided, ignored and mocked upon. Yet many agree that it is not the destination that matters as much as the Journey. If one travels on a commonly-travelled journey, one sees what the next person has seen, smelled and tasted. There is no variation nor anything new. Why settle for second best when you can have the best?! Go for it! I urge you...follow your heart...sometimes you need to leave your head behind for our thoughts have been conditioned to the set dimensions of society. God is calling men and women of this day to Pursue Him, His Presence and His Ways! Listen to your heart!

No comments: