14 November 2000

MORE THAN GOLD...just decided on the title for my Olympic Campaign...this shall be the title to carry the whole thing thru' Woke up to a revelation that I was late for work...terribly. To say I rushed through is insufficient, I literally flew through my tasks & the next thing I knew was that I was in a blue cab...I 'awoke' in a sedated consciousness to find the horrendous, unworthy bill of $22 for this ride that's cripped by traffic jams. I ran through my mind how to argue myself out of the bill and how I should attack a cabby in the most gentle way. I paid up anyhow. aha! I mumbled to myself how I should really move out of my house and how I will never take a cab again! Time flew at work & now, I'm sitting here, musing over the philosophical stuff of life... "It's not about the Bike"...a quote from Lance Armstrong...the man who won the Tour De France twice, the second time after he lauched a brilliant bounce-back from testicular cancer. Brilliance is probably an insult for not only is it a show of courage, maturity, strength, resilience, focus and belief, it is also a performance of the triumph of a vulnerable human being against the darts of the devil. I can't say that he triumphed with the faith of a believer neither can I understate his amazing human resilience. As much as I wish that he could give all the glory to Jesus, proclaim His wonderful name and pursue His wonderful presence, I'm undeniably touched and moved by his being. His best moment in life was not on the bike, as he said, breasting the finish tape at the Tour, but it was that sacred moment of the birth of his son. It made the Tour seem so small, says the Winner. There are many many instances in a day that can make the greatest success seem so small...the birth of a child, the blossoming of a flower, the rising of the sun, the yawn of your newborn, a boy's joy with his first bicycle and even your little girl's first rough drawing saying 'i luv u'. Very often one gets distracted during the journey. Eyes fixed on the destination, he forgets to embrace the moment! Smell the flowers, hear the birds singing, say 'hi' to the uncle who sells chicken rice and even hide a love note in the jacket of your loved one. Forgetting to enjoy the moment is an insult to the Almighty God. That Life itself is not worthy to smile at, that there are no blessings coming along or that there's too much stress. More often than not, that stress is self-endowed. Only pride can do that. Let go & let God...God promises never to allow the righteous to be moved, AFTER one casts his burdens unto the Lord.

No comments: