23 November 2000

Do I want to be doing something just because people think it's cool, hip and fashionable? Do I DARE to want to be myself, even when it's not gonna add to my accolades, feathers in my cap or popularity? Do I dare to accept myself for who I am and who I want to be? I've decided quite long ago that fame and popularity is not worth pursuing, that any ambition in this life is not worth pursuing, IF you have no love. You can give without loving but you can't love without giving! It's not about being religious and being irrelevant to the world, it's just about being true to self and your values. I'd rather stay true to my values even if it means I'm not indulging in the popular activities. I've decided that all which I do, if I feel no peace nor love, I'd not do. Not because I HAVE to, because I WANT to...coz Jesus' Love is exemplary...HE gave up everything for me, He's the only One who died for me, suffered at the hands of those He created. He GAVE His life, His life was not taken away from Him. He's the Only one worth living for! He did not suck up to the Pharisees of His day...submitting to peer pressure and out to add to His accolades. He simply lived His call and God exalted Him! Self-effort brings you only this far but God's exaltation endures forever. Love does not envy, does not lie, is not self-seeking, is not rude...if you do not have love, you do not have God...because God is Love! Yet you can have God and not have love...Some people stay faithful to their partners because they HAVE to...reputation, rejection, etc...no matter how faithful they PRETEND to be, they have violated the purity of love. Faithfulness is really about a CHOICE, a choice to be faithful even in a tempting situation, a choice to stay faithful despite being mocked by 'friends', a choice to be faithful to one's integrity and to God. Above all, they want to be faithful because they Love their partners. I'm numb to the ways of man...there's nothing new under the sun and I believe there is not a point when the situation is beyond one's control. A person's life today is a culmination of choices, good and bad, right and wrong. Let's live for Jesus...pursue Love, pursue His Presence!

No comments: