15 November 2000

It's 5 p.m. My second posty for the day. Match-sticks under my eyelids now...ate lunch really late so the drowsiness is taking effect now while it's worn off in other people. How embarrassing! I've tried stuffing myself with tidbits, the prawn crackers and now the spicy tapioca I got off the vending machine in the wonderful, tummy-saving pantry. My abs (if there are any) are rioting now...kinda achy and not so keen to let out a habitual cough. It sends the ripples down...Anyway, just heard from Wanqi that there wasn't wind at the beach and hence, no training. Also heard from Chewy that there was a storm that never quite came yesterday, which I imagined a bunch of grown-ups chasing storm clouds but never got the groove. Phew! At least it wasn't that bad afterall, for me at least, the unable-to-sail-during-lunchtime-sailor. There's gonna be a department steamboat dinner for no apparent occasion tonite. I'm not going! Not that it's gonna upset my training plans but I do need to get down to typing my Olympic Campaign very very soon. I suspect someone injected general anaesthesia into me coz I'm feeling like I'm gonna faaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll assssssllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp. *slap slap* But anyway, I had a lousy time at the gym this afternoon. Not exactly lousy in terms of my training but the company was immature. There was a bunch of over-grown kids (possibly sec sch boys), overgrown in size (one was 6 foot 3, I'm pretty sure) and undergrown in thinking. They hogged the space and the weights, jammed up the audio airwaves (talking too loudly and all) and clogged up my mind. I do trainings on alternate days between the major muscle grps and the minor muscle grps. Today happened to be the major-but-not-that-major grp of muscles. I did some complex stuff with the barbell with 18 kgs (usually 20 kg) which is lighter than usual coz I tweaked my neck this morning. This complex thingy included squats, biceps, triceps, shoulders & forearms at the final haul. I hate it beyond description. Then I also concentrated on forearms with the 7.5 kg barbell, giving me the whine at the end of my 15 reps. Of coz there are the unforgettable abs ex, ankle raises for a sexy-look on the calves and obliques ex. I hanged myself literally too...with my hands of coz, to stretch and strengthen my lower back. Then off I went to buy a new bottle of moisturizer and chicken chop kuay teow. I feel more and more focused every single day. Every trial there is strengthens me, are as food for my nourishment. The obstacles laid along my Olympic route boosted my hunger and cemented the desire. It makes me come to terms as to HOW MUCH I want it and HOW HUNGRY i want to be. The underdog is where I want to be, says Christoph Sieber (the Sydney Olympics Gold medallist). That's where I want to be too...a place where I would not over-stress myself unduly nor place the world's weight upon my shoulders. I'm not Hercules eh. Meanwhile, I'm one day nearer to the fulfillment of my dream and when that day comes...I hope it comes! aha!

No comments: