27 November 2000

Flood!!! With work, that is...Just taken time off from training to go down to Johor Bahru over the weekends for my church Young Adults' Camp. It's done good to me, I must say though I was surprised that I gained returns which I did not expect to have. The predominant feelings I came back with are really "love, friends and support". I went there expecting more spiritual stuff like "anointing, refreshing, supernatural power and wisdom". None of these happened, I guess that is what makes God, God...He knows better what I need. True enough! I rushed off to the beach as soon as I set berth in Singapore. I was greeted with 18 knots of good fantastic wind and choppy waters. 4 of us, Coach Q, Coach Tan, Chewy and myself went upwind and downwind twice. I did well for the first round though I didn't follow them...I was wondering why they sailed low...I was enjoying pointing high with tremendous speed. I was surprised at my speed and sturdiness as I wasn't yet recovered from my flu. By the way, I was swamped by a virus, both biologically and technologically. I fell to the flu virus and my home pc to the navidad.exe virus. Hence, I could not update my webby as much as I would love to. Anyway, I was railing so hard my ankles hurt a lot...but I really had fantastic speed which I know that I already had the Anointing I had sought from God in the camp. As I said, I had expected anointing, refreshing, power etc...I had somewhat manifested those without being aware of it. I was sick during the camp, half-hearted during the games, and participating in 40% of my full capacity. Yet I was able to pump like a monkey during the downwind to beat everybody else. Then Coach T told me my downwind speed has improved, (surprisingly). ahaha...I thought he was gonna laff. He also called me later in the night to reiterate that my overall upwind and downwind speed have improved, significantly. I must say that it's a sudden thingy. God does such things, you know. He's deposited the anointing and wisdom in you to have you manifest it when you are least conscious ot it. Then you'll know that it's "Not by might, nor by power, but but His spirit." So that we may not boast in our own strength but give Him the due glory. Coach T was also saying that he wasn't slow then and I remembered that I was always never able to catch him in strong winds. He uses a raceboard which has a faster boardspeed than mine. This means that my planing skills have shot up. My downwind was good too...in fact, relatively better than my upwind coz I was riding all the waves and pumping the sail like a monkey with the masttrack aft. Plus, my angle was good. The second upwind was bad, ironically. I started drifting uncontrollably after the first tack and nothing I did could salvage the problem. Maybe the angels were pushing my board. aha! Oh yes, check out the article on our coach http://web3.asia1.com.sg/archive/tnp/6/sports/npso81.html He's been here only a few weeks but I feel that much can be done for us in the next couple of years. I insist on being hopeful!!! I missed my lunch gym routine today...still not feeling well. I've got loads and loads of work waiting for me anyway. I'll write more later, about the camp. The new friends I made and stuff... it'll be a long one. stay tuned!

No comments: