12 November 2000

1-4 knots, NE-E wind: Our long-awaited wait for the coachy has finally ended on a good note of relief. We had our very first session with him and I must say that I'm hopeful to a great extent. We didn't do solid super trg to burn our brains and arms out but enough for him to watch & catch us at our worst. Everyone was amazingly hardworking today! aha! We sailed from Bedok buoy to Keta and then to Padang, back to Bedok. I just wasn't warmed up enough nor pumping well on the reach in particular. i was in 3rd psn, slipping to last 3rd at the end of the leg. I was frustrated at how my pumps do not increase board speed and it appeared to be a waste of my strength. I let it go...tired, frustrated and hot! I experimented with my daggerboard but came out inconclusive.I didn't succeed in the wave-riding either. yikes!!!! Determined to do better in the next 'race', I came in 1st in the fleet of 8 in the next upwind from Bedok to the boat. I basically pumped my brains out, that's all...I think towards the end, I sorta closed my eyes and pumped, pumped pumped...It worked anyhow. I was very happy, frankly. This, is my best wind condition! Rather, no-wind condition. :))) When others can't seem to move, I can! ahahha...After that we were screaming for iced water and we did smuggle ourselves into ECSSC for rehydration. The debrief afterwards was very beneficial. I figure I should really improve tons under this man, certainly I really ought to think about how I can increase my water time in addition to wkend trgs. Meanwhile, wkday gym trgs should suffice. Arrggggggghhhhhhh!!! It's back to work again...and lifestyle as a vampire. It's amazing how quickly the wkends slip by, leaving me looking fwd for the next wkend to arrive. Nonetheless, it's back to routine in the office again...work work work...& to be among all the other TELE-tubbies in my company...Well, in case you think I'm terribly plump, purple and have an antenna up my head, nope! ESPN where I work is a sports channel so we are all teletubbies figuratively. Thank God I have some butter-coated sunflower seeds to keep me company b4 the wkends come, and still brooding over the gigantic Pooh bear which my team-mate did NOT buy in Shanghai. :P

No comments: