05 December 2000

Oh my...I'm still in the office yet again, and it's dark and rainy outside. I've been working late here everyday, consistently from the whole of last week and I was hoping it shall not repeat this week. My vampire lifestyle is back. I sneaked off to the gym during lunch-time today, did a good 2 sets of 5 pull-ups, 10 min run on the much-hated treadmill, hamstrings ex, calf ex, ankle ex and of coz, the gruelling abs ex. Ouch! Sunday's training: There was basically no wind! Negative to 0 knots and reasonably strong current. Shifty winds from N to NW. The youths were rigging up their equipment and testing them out afterwards. The others were rigging up what came back from Siam Cup a week ago. Chewy and I decided to do a couple of rounds of torturous pumping. We set off, wind blowing N to NW, heading towards a boat and back. On the way back, the wind shifted and I was caught in a mad whirlwind of lulls. I was moving backwards and sideways. Chewy was pointing up to get wind. I gave up! I felt yucky with myself. I complained to Chewy that my attitude is bad. I don't enjoy the session if it's not fun with such torturous conditions. C'mon, there wasn't anyone else out there! Trainings aren't supposed to be all fun and no pain. That is why training is called training. When conditions get bad, go out there and learn to harness the impossible. When conditions are perfect, enjoy it! A good sailor excels in all conditions, without complaints and murmuring. I determine to be that! First, I need to buy Coach a whip! Second round: Wind shifted to NW and we hit towards Siglap beacon. aha! No wind is my best wind...I kept pumping till I had momentum and when you have momentum, you would suddenly find wind which don't quite exist. They are actually created wind. The current was pushing me down hard and I tried pointing as high as possible. I reached Siglap with ease and we headed back soon. The wind shifted to become a beam reach and a storm pending, we hurriedly pumped back to the club. The eastern side of Changi, PA were already stormy and I knew then that any hope of storm winds is gone. Not when the rain comes b4 the winds. Not satisfied with the meagre amount of training, we went rollerblading. I was satisfied! My room has become a studio of inspiration! I've nailed up 8 8R foto frames of Olympic windsurfers, 2 remaining, scattered neatly all over my room. Just sitting there makes u feel inspired! You end up in this painful dilemma of wanting to go training or sitting there admiring the pix. I chose both! I picked up the dumb-bell, started working out my forearms, biceps; dusted my rubber tubing and started working out those shoulders. Push-ups were also the highlights of the inspired evening. In between huffs and puffs, I would sit there admiring the fotos, soaking in the Olympics spirit and visualizing myself sailing those good races. It felt so good. It feels good when you feel at home with your passion, your heart's desire. It feels good when you know that you are gonna make good decisions and people around you will support you. It feels good when you know that you are taking steps to achieving your goals, and not juz dreaming about it. It feels fantastically good when you know that God loves you, most of all! You love Him the most when He empowers you to do the thing you love the most. Your destiny and calling are tied up intimately with your passion and giftings. God cannot give you a destiny totally irrelevant to your interests and passion. God cannot snatch your dream from you like your childhood neighbour would to your marbles. God will not force food which you hate into your mouth. God CANNOT! He says that He loves you so much that HE would rather go to hell FOR you than to go Heaven without you. How much more...would HE not give you good gifts, good destinies, good callings because He is a good God. I've decided that no matter what happens, whether I lose every race and not achieve my every goal, that I'll still be full of joy. Life is still wonderful. God is still good. The sun still shines every morning and the birds still sing. The flowers still bloom and the rainbow still sneaks out after every drizzle. God is too good to enable little disappointments to dampen my joy and snatch away my zest for life. Jesus is likened to windsurfing. Everyday is a new day. The wind is never the same and the same combination never recurs twice. There is always something new to learn everytime you go out there into the ocean. Each time you learn a new trick, doing a better gybe, out-pointing your sparring buddy, you get super stoked. And the stoke never ever ends! You keep going out to feel more, hear more, see more...of the ocean and yourself. You learn to re-define your horizons everytime; paint your own twilights, sail your own course, harness your own winds with your own strengths. You have to turn the cube around to see the other dimensions and convince yourself that there's more than one dimension. Jesus is all-encompassing! His mercy is new every morning. He loves you a different way everyday, shows you new miracles and blessings everyday. He opens up the flowers when it is of blossoming time. He picks up the sun when it's time for sunrise. He turns the tide around at the appropriate times twice a day. He remembers to send some rain when the fields get dry and farmers worry. He feeds the caterpillars and teaches the mighty ants 'unity'. He flashes a rainbow across the horizons when the drizzle ends. He did not forget to colour the rainbow with 7 gorgeous colours in the correct order! He answers the prayer of a little child who wants a new bicycle. He dries up the tears of a forsaken wife betrayed by an unfaithful husband. He sees every need and answers every prayer b4 you even utter a word. If only you will BELIEVE that He is good!

No comments: