08 December 2000

I walked past the playground this morning. I noticed a girl, of about 12 yrs old, struggling with her bicycle. I noticed she was struggling to balance the handlebars and barely pedaling. The bike struggled to create a momentum out of nothing as she focused hard on the road ahead, forgetting to pedal. This brought me to remembrance that it's the same with pursuing goals. Focus on the journey, not the destination. Focusing too hard in keeping yourself in the direction of your goals amount to nought if you forget to pedal. If you focus on pedaling hard and well, and occasionally checking your destination, you'll inevitably get there. Focus on the nitty gritties in your journey and you can be sure to have a good result at the end. God can only direct a moving car...keep moving... Went to the gym during lunch...I declared a long lunch for myself. aha! Firstly, TGIF. I did a good 60 reps of barbell for my lower back, pull-ups, 4 painful sets of 30 abs crunches. 30 min of treadmill & 20 min on the stepper. It was good...in the process, I engaged in visualization. I visualized myself windsurfing, sailing a perfect course and overcoming my weaknesses. I visualized myself beating everyone in the race and still coming out strong & fresh. Got a friend's wedding tonite...Goodwood Park Hotel.

No comments: