22 March 2007

A day in the life of Rusty

I am a 4 yr-old Golden Retriever boy and recently, I had a new family. I also had a new name, Rusty. I used to be called Harvey but it's ok, I will come to you if you call me with either. I love my new home, it is big with a nice garden, lots of options for pee and poo-ing. There are some fish ponds where there are koi in them, I've to be careful not to fall in it as I don't want to smell fishy; it's very shallow but with my superb swimming skills, it's pup's play. Lots of places to walk to, and many doors but I am a very quick learner. I was allowed to go upstairs a few times to see the jacuzzi, gym and rooms, but not recently...I guess maybe I leave too much fur behind haha. I love the words 'Go Surfing' and I go crazy when I hear that. I must share with you what I did on Monday. It was Rachel's off day on Mondays...these 2 weeks she's been very busy with housework. She was mopping the floor, doing laundry, cleaning toilets and shooing me off the floor every now and then. I almost lost all hope of an outing when all of a sudden, at 4pm, she told me 'Go Running'. I took the leash in my teeth and waited for her to get changed. I was so excited. You must understand that I don't get to go surfing on Sundays. It's my saddest day in the week as I am Home Alone. I love Tuesdays to Saturdays as I get to go with her to the beach! Yippee! She's ready! Off we went...I was so excited I sprinted out of the house...Rachel told me to slow down as we have a LONG way to go...what does that mean? We trotted along...past traffic lights, roads and sniff!! roads I've never been to. I kept plugging away...dogs like me never quit, we always follow our owners till we die (not knowing it). We passed canals that never seemed to end...finally I met a pretty Golden girl, then a mixed Lab puppy and some dark-looking people who seemed afraid of me. I always wonder why because I long to love people and I never hurt anyone. We crossed bridges...sniff! I smell the sea...wow, I think we are going Surfing!! We reached the beach after 45mins of running. That was quite a distance for me. Rachel did not allow me to swim even tho' I tugged towards the sea. She brought me to this Cable Ski park where people were going round and round...I tugged towards the pond as I wanted to jump in to swim. She stood there watching and I am restless...finally we walked to the beach. On the way, she made me stop at this shower and I thought I had to take a shower now? I don't understand why she keeps pointing my mouth towards the water? I am only thinking of the sea. Can we go now? Yay! We reached the sea and she unleashed me. I ran into the sea like a crazy doggie. I was so thirsty I drank in tons of sea-water. Wow it never tasted so good. I swam and soaked, she walked and teased me to run after her...the beach is endless, i love it. I must have swam for 20mins and also drank that amount of sea water. Suddenly, my tummy ached! I stood on the beach in pain...Rachel was so worried, she started wiping the bubbles off my mouth and she took off my collar. I can breathe, my dear, it's my tummy that hurts...the water built up in my mouth and I puked big time!! Rachel fussed over me, she thought I was dying. haha...I was silly to drink up the sea. Puke I go again. Arrgghhh!! She asked me if I'm ok and to rest at a nearby bench. I lay down and nursed my tummy. Everything's churning inside. Rachel called Ker Wan and told him RUSTY cannot make it. Boohoo...I can I can, I can walk back, just watch me! I showed her I can walk...wait, I've to poo first. Call it diarrhoea...it went straight into the soil, nutrients, they call it. I was determined to walk home, what if she doesn't bring me out again? I can't imagine that. So I walked and walked...I ignored all the dogs along the way... After 50mins, I can smell our estate...yay! The gate opened and I heaved a sigh of relief! Oops, she took out the shampoo which means I can't rest yet. Rachel is very particular about clean doggies so each time I surf, I've to shower too. Did I tell you I love it when she towels me dry? I love to be hugged and rubbed!! I remember my tummy ache now...I also lapped up the entire doggie bowl of water. My tummy feels funny and I did not finish my dinner. It's a waste, especially with the egg. I'll wait till supper time, just don't throw it away ok? Goldens don't waste doggie food!

No comments: