27 February 2001

From a motivation email I received today...When you almost want to give up, that's the time to PRESS ON!!! Check out Michael Chang's website http://www.mchang.com "If you can dream it, you can do it." ~ Walt Disney You can, but few ever do. Why? Well, it is simple: We can all dream big (or small steps), but most people stop at the dreaming part and never take action. Why you ask? Again simple: Fear - we're all scared to move out of our comfort zone. The difference is, that people that live out their dreams like Walt Disney get scared and still take action and lots of it! End of story ... You likely already know this theory, but don't live it out - that can be the hard part. What I know personally is that my success is based mostly (90%) on my ability to take action and get past the things that terrify me. Yes, my success to date is based on my ability to do the things I'd rather not, or would rather run from - fast. After gaining the experience and confidence from overcoming 20 major fears, taking action out of my comfort zone is much, much, much easier. Why? Well, because I've been down the road so many times before that I know what to expect: 1. Feeling of extreme stress and physical discomfort. 2. Development of self-doubt and temptation to retreat or avoid the fear. 3. Decision to commit 100% to pushing through the fear. 4. Take action. 5. Stress decrease and feeling of confidence. 6. Pushed through, got a result, and feel empowered and adding another level of confidence. 7. Thinking that was not as bad as I built it up to be.

No comments: