17 June 2001

17 June 2001 Sunday, LIAN HE ZAO BAO (Chinese newspapers) featured my picture beach-starting and mentioned about the SEA Games. We've also had the PA Windsurfing C'ships over the weekends and it was very successfully organized. Personally, it was a wake-up call to my unpreparedness for the upcoming SEA Games as well as a reality-check. This race was almost like a mini SEA Games where Thailand, Malaysia & Singapore sailors raced. I had lost to a 15 year-old Thai girl while our top male sailor lost to a 12 year-old Thai boy. It was a wake-up call to Singapore windsurfing. Despite having trained in 20 knots wind for the last 2 mths and lost in touch with light wind pumping were excuses not good enough for me. We were also blunt from racing, our last race being last held in March. I was absolutely far from being near my peak, or even where I was in March. I just am not pumping-fit right now and I know how much I need to do to catch up. We are 83 days away from SEA Games and I cannot begin to explain how engrossed I am in this endeavour. I literally think, sleep, eat, breathe SEA Games...I'm very excited and I hope I can have an underdog's chance at the Gold medal.

No comments: